Our mission is to provide students the opportunity to learn the Michigan high school curriculum and Common Core State Standards while developing the skills they need to succeed in college and the workplace. Pinckney New Tech High engages and empowers students through a culture of project-based learning (PBL), integrated courses, one-to-one technology, college/career readiness, positive relationships, and real-world connections.
New Tech High Schools are small high schools totaling 400 students that use technology to facilitate project-based learning for the students they serve with a one-to-one student-to-computer ratio. The core elements of the New Tech High School are Technology That Enables, Culture That Empowers and Teaching That Engages. These schools make great strides to connect students with their communities through the projects they create.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- A successful student creates and uses a variety of thinking and reasoning strategies.
- Students learn best when our staff maintains high expectations for learning.
- Curriculum needs to incorporate a variety of learning activities to accommodate differences in student learning.
- All students in our school need to have an equal opportunity to learn.
- A student’s performance is enhanced by mutual respect among students and staff.